Soto ayam is a noodle soup dish that is popular in Indonesia, Malaysia and Singapore. The soup is yellow in color due to the use of turmeric. Most of the Indonesian restaurants in NYC serve this dish (Sanur in chinatown has it too), but I usually cook at home using IndoFood's seasoning mix. It's really easy and delicious!
Serving size 2
Indofood Soto ayam seasoning mix
2 lbs of chicken thighs
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1 cup Bean Sprouts
small bunch of Chinese celery
Recipe (I've modifie the seasoning mix recipe a little):
1) Boil 1 lb of chicken thighs in 2 bowls of hot water until the meat is tender.
2) Add additional water back to to the pot and pour in the content of the Indofood soto ayam seasoning mix, stir well.
3) Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it with forks.
4) Throw in some vermicelli and beansprout to the boiling soto ayam broth and cook for a few minutes.
5) Serve the vermicelli and soup in two separate bowl. Place the shredded chicken on top of the noodles, garnish with Chinese celery and hard boiled eggs, sprinkle some lemon juice, and the soto ayam dish is ready to serve!